- Observe fasts on 51 Saturdays and take khichdi made of rice and black urad daal after sunset.
- Wear a blue sapphire.
- Wear a 14-Mukhi Rudraksha bead, or a seven-Mukhi rudraksha bead, or a Saturn Mala comprising 36 seven-Mukhi beads and one 14-Mukhi Rudraksha bead.
- Worship Lord Hanuman by chanting his mantras on Saturday and lighting a ghee lamp in front of the idol.
- Donate sesame seeds on Saturday.
- Wear a Shani Yantra pendant.
- Wear a Shani ring (available at Shani Shinganapur).
- Pray to Lord Shiva and chant the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra.
Saturn passing through the kendra rasi (4th, 7th, 10th) from Janma Rasi is called Kantaka Sani.
If Shani sits in 1st, 8th or 10th house from Lagna or Chandra Lagna in transit, it is called a Karnataka Shani.
Saturn passing through the 8th of Janma Rasi is called “Ashtama Sani”. During this period a person may have to put up with imprisonment, frequent visiting of court and police station, severe illness, sorrows and losses; and probably will have a situation to leave the home country.
The remedy for Kantaka Sani
शम च मे मायाश्च मे प्रियंच मे नुकमश्च मे
कामाश्च मे सौम नसश्च मे भद्रम च मे श्रेयश्च मे
वश्यश्च मे यश्यश्च मे भगश्च मे द्रयिनम च मे
यन्ता च मे धर्ता च मे क्षमाश्च मे धृतिश्च मे
विश्वंचमे महाश्चमे समविचिश्च मे ग्यात्रंच मे
सुसश्च मे प्रसुसश्च मे सीरम च मे लायाश्च मे
ऋतं च मे अमृतम च मे यक्षमम च मे नमयछ मे
जीवतुश्च मे दीर्घयुत्वं च मे नमित्र च मे अभयम च मे
सुगम मे शयनम च मे सुषा च मे सुदिनम च मे
Recite the mantra is given below for 11 times in the west direction
Shani Gayatri Mantra
Om Sanaischaraya vidhmahe
Tanno manda prachodayat